test

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Post # 200

There’s a lot of talk about leadership. Go figure. About being a leader. Finding our voices and sharing them. Some people share a lot, some not so much. I don’t like to speak into microphones. Get me going on a topic I care about in a small setting and you may have difficulties shutting me up. But big auditorium style stuff, not my thing.

Found an international click I click with. My roommate is cool too. I’m not being super social, but I’m meeting some interesting people and I’m feeling pretty good about being here.

The Newseum this morning was spectacular. I’m choosing to use that word hoping it’s not one you hear me throw around a lot. Because this place wasn’t like the (although they were nice too..) museums in Nevada we went to last week. This was a six stories building devoted to news; photos, sound clips, articles, the spoken word, the written word, the heard word… it was really, really cool. We had just a little over two hours and it felt like nothing. Since I was inevitably going to miss most of it I just went to the exhibits I thought I would kick myself the hardest for skipping; 9/11, the President’s Photographer and the Pulitzer Prize winning photographies since the 50’s. Spectacular.

Did I say that?
Spectacular.
The Newseum alone would have been worth my trip here.

Tomorrow’s key note should be good. Then there’s about a million work shops, could be tiring. I need to figure out my shuttle situation for Saturday morning.
Alright, that’s that. Over and out from the capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment