test

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fear, Fireworks and Firearms

Pocatello saw the biggest thunder storm since I moved here last night. Lots of lightening, loud and rolling thunder. Pretty cool. I’m not afraid of thunderstorms, some may find that surprising as I am afraid of lots of other, not nearly as potentially harmful things, but that’s just how I’m wired. I thought for sure however that the cat was going to freak out, but she was calm to the point where I started to wonder if she was deaf.

Dylan’s family used to have a dog who was terrified of thunder storms, and firework. One year for 4th of July they gave her some kind of calming drugs so she wouldn’t break out of the yard and run off when the festivities began, only they gave her way too high a dosage and she got super high. It was kind of hilarious (in an animal friendly way..ehm), she couldn’t even walk, her legs sliding out from under her like Bambi and her eyes were all glossy and she looked at us like
“Dude…. I don’t know where I am or who you are…”
But at least the fireworks didn’t face her.

The two things that scare me the most are probably heights and guns. Both around which you don’t really want to be on heavy drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment