test

Saturday, June 4, 2011

If I list it

Back in Pocatello. It’s been a long day and I’m glad it’s almost over. I’m on pain medication you’re not allowed to drive on and I have a lot of sleep to catch up on. But before that I’m going to sum up these last few DC-days in two lists.

Good
The Newseum – that wasn’t good actually, it was incredible.

Shelby Know – just as good as I thought she would be, a true inspiration.

The Women of Outstanding Achievements Award Ceremony – anyone that can be half of what any of those women are, should consider themselves a huge success. Amazing examples that anything and everything is possible if you believe in yourself and don’t give up.

The different girls and women I met and got to share ideas and stories with – some I don’t agree with, some are more up my alley, but listening to all of them was interesting and valuable.

Being forced to put myself out there a few times and interacting with people even though it made me nervous and kind of uncomfortable – it’s good practice and makes you stronger even though you feel like an awkward intruder sometimes.


Bad (or less good, to keep it positive)
The beds, bedding and water pressure in the doorms – plastic, much too thin and like washing your hands by sticking them out the window in the rain.

The workshops – I can obviously only speak for the ones I attended, and they weren’t all bad. Just not as good as I had expected and considering the standard of the key notes and other aspects of the conference…they didn’t reach it.

The fact that I had to get up at 6 am (again) this morning to catch the shuttle even though my flight didn’t leave till noon and I’ve had really bad stomach pains all day, not fun while flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment