test

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jobs (I am on vaccation now btw)

The first job I ever had for a telemarketing company sucked the life out of me and dirtied my soul forever. Hey, hey now....my then boss would say, we are not a telemarketing company, not at ALL. We`re an advertisement oriented company. Whatever. My job consisted of clocking in at 8am, clocking out at 5pm and except for an hour lunch and two 15 minutes breaks I was to sit in cubicle and call companies trying to convince them they needed much to subscribe to a buisness magazine I´d never read in my life but assured them was outstanding. Six weeks I did this for and hated every living minute of it. I have worked wiping butts too. This was worse.

Sometimes you see people and can just tell by their dead stare and zombie like moves they hate their jobs more than plague infested cockroaches.

I saw a guy pushing a lady in a wheel chair at the Salt Lake airport. The lady was loud and obnoxious and not at all greatful for the man wheeling her around. He looked like wanted to pop her head off the, kind of way you accidentally did as a child, brushing your doll´s hair...
I felt bad for that guy.

Then I walked by Krispy Kreme and the guy standing behind their donut filled counter was clapping his hands, actually singing out loud. Like he got laid all night AND won the lottery. Just jamming away. Maybe he just really liked his job?

Sometimes we just really need a job- any job- and will sacrifice our spirit for dollars. I get that, I´ve done that. It just sucks that it has to be that way.

Sitting at airports for hours at end, you see a lot of people who, based on their expressions and actions, probably aren´t living their dream.
Just an observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment